Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Little D's - alternative to Applewood?


After much anticipation, Erin and I went for our long awaited trip to Applewood (applewoodny.com) tonight. Our stars must have been out of alignment as tonight was the "meet the farmer" dinner, so the restaurant was "closed" yet full of happy diners eating with the farmer. How can they ALL eat with the farmer? Anyways, we settled for the new place across the street, Little D's, which wasn't bad. New mushroom for both of us: hen of the woods.
(Maitake). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_of_the_woods)
This restaurant is better than average~ 7th ave between 14 +15 St.
The raddichio, however, is from my sisters garden in Washington DC!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ah, yes, Little Ds. The best part was, of course, the lovely company of Wendy. Although she made me drink wine by myself which was really not cool. The pulled pork was tangy and pretty tasty to boot. I liked that you could choose smaller, cheaper portions of a few of the entrees. I'll definitely be making the trek to the Slope to try Applewood in the very near future.